Dell Inspiron 1525 Not Charging?
It can be fixed. Buy the parts and do it yourself for as low as $25 or let us do the dirty work for you.
So by now we can safely assume your Dell Inspiron 1525 is not charging. This could be caused by a few things, and we'll go over a couple scenarios and possible solutions to get your laptop battery charging again on this page.
If you don't have the time, patience, or experience, to deal with the issue yourself, we can professionaly diagnose, and repair the issue for $99. Click here to contact us for repair. $99 includes parts for any one of the issues listed below, labor, and insured UPS Ground shipping back to you! We've sucessfuly repaired hundreds of these, but if for some reason we can't fix your issue, all you pay is return shipping. No hidden fees.
Update: Due to all of the e-mails we received from International Inspiron 1525 owners, we are now shipping the Inspiron 1525 Charger Board internationally!
Please Contact US if you are having an issue placing an international order.
Please note, shipping to Canada is $6.95 USD Additional, all other countries are $8.95 USD additional. We ship via USPS International Priority Mail and delivery is expected within 6-10 business days after your order is processed.
1. Your Dell Inspiron 1525 has a bad A/C adapter (Laptop Charger).
- 1a. Examine the power cord thoroughly for broken and exposed wires. (Very unsafe, get a new charger!)
- 1b. Examine inside the tip of the A/C Adapter. If the center pin is broken, your charger is bad.
- 1c. With the A/C Adapter plugged into your Inspiron 1525 running and plugged into the wall, gently wiggle the wires of your A/C adapter and note if your battery is charging. if so, your charger may be at fault.
- 1d. Try a friends or family members charger. The A/C adapter should be marked PA-10 or PA-12 somewhere on the adapter, both these chargers are used by many Dell Laptops. If it charges your Inspiron 1525 battery you need a charger.
If any of the things mentioned above are true in your case, you may have a faulty Dell Inspiron 1525 charger. You can order a compatible charger from us here for $25: Dell Inspiron 1525 Charger Otherwise read on.
* Charger is included in $99 repair service if yours is found to be faulty.
2. Your Dell Inspiron 1525 has a bad daughter board.
This is one of the most common failures we see on the Dell Inspiron 1525 that wont charge. Diagnosis is a bit tricky, and repair requires complete disassembly of the laptop. Please note this repair is included in our $99 repair service. Here are a few things you can do to diagnose it yourself without tearing apart the laptop.
- 2a. Use a friends laptop charger that is known to work. The model PA-10 or PA-12 should be listed on the charger.
- 2b. Use a friends battery from the same model laptop.
- 2c. Check the output voltage of the pins on the battery connector on your Dell Inspiron 1525 with a multimeter. If you aren't getting a reading, chances are your power daughter board has gone bad. Even output voltage slightly out of specifications can prevent the battery from charging properly.
- Please note: improper use of a multimeter may cause damage to your laptop! Don't attempt this if you aren't comfortable working with electricity.
* Daugher Board is included in $99 repair service if found to be faulty
If you can't get your battery to charge using the steps above, you can purchase a power daughter board for your Dell Inspiron 1525 from us here for $29.99: Dell Inspiron 1525 Daughter Board.
*Note here is a link to the Dell Service Manual for Inspiron 1525/1526 Model Laptops that may help you completely tear down your laptop to replace the board: Click Here
3. Your Dell Inspiron 1525 has a bad battery.
- 3a. Try a friends battery in your Dell Inspiron 1525 and see if it charges. If it does, your battery is faulty.
- 3b. Try your battery in a friends Dell Inspiron 1525 if it charges, your battery is good and you should refer to the steps above.
- 3c. If your battery holds a small charge, or a charge for just a few minutes your battery has reached the end of it's lifetime, and it's time for a replacement.
- 3d. Check your battery with a multimeter, if it has an output voltage that is high enough to power your laptop, you may have a faulty motherboard.
* New Battery is included in $99 repair service if found to be faulty.
If by following the steps above have determined your Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery to be faulty, you can order one from us here for $39.99: Dell Inspiron 1525 6 Cell Battery or Dell Inspiron 1525 9 Cell Battery for $47.99
Please note, we know the Dell Inspiron 1525 can be picky with replacement parts, so we've sourced parts that meet or exceed the original manufacturers standards and have tested them rigoursly before deploying them successfuly in hundreds of customers laptops.
If you don't want to repair your Dell Inspiron 1525, we are interested in buying it! We'll give you a fair market value assesment based on the cosmetic condition of the laptop, the specifications, and the needed repairs and put money into your pocket so you can buy a new or new-to-you refurbished machine. Click here to contact us to sell your laptop